World

Congo’s Presidential Candidate Suspends Campaign

today12/14/2023 9

Background
share close
One of the main opposition candidates for Congo’s presidential election next week, Moise Katumbi, has suspended part of his campaign on Wednesday after violent clashes at one of his election rallies.
Live rounds were fired and several people were injured as Katumbi addressed supporters in the coastal town of Moanda on Tuesday, marking an escalation in tension ahead of the Dec. 20 vote.
Katumbi disclosed on X, that the police shot live bullets at people and that the incident had been orchestrated to create violence.
The provincial government said in a statement that Katumbi’s guards fired warning shots after the crowd grew rowdy, stoking tension and jostling.
According to report, several people were injured, including a police officer who was seriously hurt, and investigations into the incident are ongoing.

Written by: Helen Obih

Rate it

Previous post

News

Federal Government to Open TCN in Two Distinct Entities

The Federal Government has disclosed that the Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, would be unbundled into two distinct entities. Speaking in Abuja on Monday at the opening of a Ministerial Retreat organized by the Federal Ministry of Power, the Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu said TCN would be restructured to become the Independent System Operator, ISO and the Transmission Service Provider, TSP. The Federal Government has disclosed that as part […]

today12/12/2023 7

Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0%
Our customer support team is here to answer your questions.
error: Alert: Content is protected !!